I’ll be turning 29 this week, but aside from planning a huge Logan’s Run themed party (due to take place a year from now), I haven’t given much thought to what I’ll do with my last green year. So, here goes my abbreviated goodbye-to-my-roaring-twenties “bucket list.”
1. recline in a random field of authentic wildflowers
2. swim in another ocean
3. network with more writers, getting to know them and their work
4. read a ton of excellent books–can’t stop adding to my Goodreads list!
5. maybe–hopefully–get on the road to publication with my last book (in which I play with time)
6. write the fun, cynical, existential, paranormal romance I just started (in which I play with space)
7. write a ton of awesome curriculum
8. make life-long readers and writers out of some young minds
9. get out of the country and see something amazing
10. stop…and look around
What do you think? Anything I should add?
By the way, if you’ve never seen the 70s cult classic Logan’s Run, look it up. It’s one of those movies that, at times, is so bad it’s good, but it’s concept is one that always stuck with me. In the simplest terms, Logan is a ” sandman” who lives in a post-apocalyptic, dome city. His job it is to kill people over the age thirty who don’t willingly self-destruct at “carousel.” See it!
Michelle Joyce Bond